OT Re: [ale] Big Brother Wins, We lose... From /. Real-ID Passes U.S. Senate 100-0

rhia rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Wed May 11 11:41:31 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 11:05 -0400, James Baldwin wrote:
> On May 11, 2005, at 10:52 AM, Mike Murphy wrote:
>
> > Have you been to a Driver's License office in GA lately? This is
> > only going to make the lines longer.
>
> How is this going to make the lines longer? If you're referring to
> Sec. 202 Subsection C, I'd really want to know why this wasn't
> required when issuing a driver's license in the first place.
>
> I do have objections to Sec. 202 Subsection D, but as I've not
> actually seen nor heard anyone object to specifics within this
> section, I'll assume we're all reading ill informed editorials.
>
> As a side note, I recently moved from Texas so I am well aware of
> exactly how long has to wait to be issued a driver's license. It is a
> massive pain in the rear, but I prefer that to the alternative.
> _

Forsyth County testing site. Take a book; a really long book. ;)

That said, having recently moved TO Dallas, TX, the DL lines anywhere
here have nearly caught up with the aforementioned.

<snipped & blended>
> If your State wants a grant, they must meet the requirements
> of Sec. 202 and participate as stipulated in  Sec. 203......
>Your State need NOT participate in the sharing of data with
> other States in order for your license to be accept. It only
> participates if it wishes to receive funding.

So, true, it's not a REQUIREMENT, any more than the Mafia "requires" you
to pay protection fees. But, if you want something from either, you have
to participate in areas you probably would rather not go.

--
rhia
Excuse me, please. What universe is this?