[ale] ATA RAID

Randal Jarrett rsj at radio.org
Mon May 2 23:58:50 EDT 2005

I have not used any of the ATA Raid controllers but with many of the
Scsi controllers all the OS is susposed to see is a single (or however
the raid is setup) drive.  They use either out-of-band (serial usually)
or in-band (software) to setup and configure the controller.  Some of
them even come with a boot CD that has the configuration software on
them to prepair the raid before the OS even is installed.

Randy