[ale] Reliable Hosting Service Providers

Steve Tynor stevejunk at iintiip.com
Mon May 2 15:41:17 EDT 2005

I'm looking for some recommendations for application hosting services.
My client will be hosting a large J2EE system that will require at least
one weblogic based compute server and an oracle database server. We're
looking for reliable service with good SLA's, a good reputation for data
security, etc.  The identity of the hosting service will probably be
important to our target customers, so we're willing to consider paying a
bit extra for a "name" service with a good reputation.  Administrative
services to offload some application level monitoring and administration
(database and appserver health monitoring, db tuning, etc.) are definite
plusses.

For non-business-critical hosting, I've been very happy with
totalchoicehosting.com -- cheap, reliable and does what i need for
simple web site and email.  But I'm looking for something with more meat
behind it for a business critical, custom application hosting sensitive
customer data.

Recommendations of where to start?

Thanks,
Steve