[ale] Unable to log on

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Mar 31 19:47:15 EST 2005

Barnes, Michael wrote:
> I am using SusE 9.2 Pro and created an account. For a while I was
> able to log in using Xwindows. Now I can only log into the user from
> the command line. Could someone help me figure out what I need to do
> to get the user back to using Xwindows again.

When you log in, is it a graphical login or command line?

If it's command line, execute 'startx' once you're logged in.

You can setup your box to boot to the graphical login by setting the
'initdefault' setting in /etc/inittab as follows:

id:5:initdefault

If you had the GUI login before, did you reboot or something that caused
it to go away?

--
Until later, Geoffrey