[ale] PSC 1350 and ptal

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 25 14:55:33 EST 2005

Cor,
ptal is the low level hardware interface that works thru the USB
interface to talk to the HP printer.  If you don't get any response from
the ptal-init setup, that is, the program doesn't find your printer and
allow you to define a name for it, then you might need the latest
version of the hpoj package.  Have you checked for support by hpoj for
your printer?  There is a /etc/ptal/mlc:usb:officejet_d_series config
file with keywords you can see are defined by the ptal-init setup
command.  At that is the location under SUSE9.0 for the config file.
Can you post the dialog you have with the ptal-init setup command?
Thanks,
Dow