[ale] Recording from radio device ( /dev/radio ) ?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Sat Jun 18 00:59:11 EDT 2005

Hi guys - I was wondering if anyone is familiar with recording audio
from the /dev/radio0 device in linux..? I'm trying to create a private
'podcast' (sans 'cast) of my favorite morning radio show. I have a radio
card that works perfectly under /dev/radio0 under Fedora Core 3. I'm
looking at 'sox' right now, but it seems to want to use OSS drivers as a
source. I also tried using gnomeradio, but I can't get it to compile on FC3.

Does anyone know how I can record a radio program (timed broadcast on
/dev/radio0) to an 'mp3 file' ?

My research has turned up some strange results, so I'm hoping that
someone among our ALE think-tank has actually done this (and can provide
some clear answers).

Much thanks for any leads here...

Kind regards,
-CB