[ale] SuSE OpenExchange vs. Scalix vs. ???

Keith Morris keith at iqtv.com
Thu Jun 16 12:55:18 EDT 2005

Hi everyone!

My company is getting ready to upgrade our messaging/collaboration
systems and I am looking at exclusively linux-based solutions. Two
solutions that I have found that appear pretty impressive are SuSE
OpenExchange and Scalix. We would have some people in-house using
Outlook to connect, but the majority of people would be using either a
Web client (which Scalix has a pretty nice one), or Thunderbird and
possibly using SunBird for calendaring via ics subscriptions.

Does anyone here have any experience with either/both of these products
in the type of environment I've described? What have been your
experiences? Or, would you suggest looking at another solution altogether.

I would appreciate any information you could offer.
Thanks!
--
:: Keith Morris
:: Creative Director