[ale] IP Masq over multiple ppp interfaces.

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jun 14 20:59:05 EDT 2005

I've got the following rules that I'm trying to get to work.

/sbin/iptables -F
/sbin/iptables -F -t nat
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp+ -j MASQUERADE
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i ppp+ --dport 81 -j DNAT --
to 127.0.0.1:80

It is possible to have multiple ppp interfaces and so I want to make it
possible to be able to nat over each one.

The last rule I only have in there for testing.  When I try to telnet to
10.0.5.100:81 it simply just hangs and I do not get a connection to the
web server.  10.0.5.100 is the address of the ppp0 interface on this
machine.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?