[ale] OT: Diagnosing HW problem

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jun 14 10:45:07 EDT 2005

If the hardware is crap you shouldn't get hit with a restocking fee. It
should be a warranty return.

If wherever you got it from won't honor the warranty, take it on the
chin and take your business elsewhere.

At this point, return the entire pile of garbage and get something else.
The motherboard is bad and there may be other problems as well. If the
power supply fried it may have surged and trashed the board.

**note** There are big advantages to getting all the parts for a new
system from one supplier.