[ale] Opening a webpage with a password?

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Fri Jun 10 00:00:05 EDT 2005

Rob - it depends on the type of authentication used on the site.  Older
sites (aka one's that displayed the browsers' native authentication
popup), could be accessed using the uid at pw URL combo that you
described.   Newer sites, however, use different authentication methods
- so your code won't work.

I can't offer a solution - but I'm very interested in your findings.

Kind regards,
Chris Bergeron