[ale] annoying, unknown X crash - only when laptop lid is closed.

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Tue Jun 7 20:55:26 EDT 2005

I thought I'd post my "lid.sh" that runs when the lid is shut, maybe someone
else will see something in it that could be causing a crash:

#!/bin/sh

. /usr/share/acpi-support/power-funcs

getXuser;

grep -q closed /proc/acpi/button/lid/*/state
if [ $? = 0 ]
then
        . /usr/share/acpi-support/screenblank
        echo `fgconsole` > $LIDSTATE
        chvt 12
else
        grep -q off-line /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/*/state
        if [ $? = 1 ]
        then
                su - $user -c "xscreensaver-command -unthrottle"
        fi
        chvt `cat $LIDSTATE`
        su - $user -c "xscreensaver-command -deactivate"
fi

[ -x /etc/acpi/local/lid.sh.post ] && /etc/acpi/local/lid.sh.post