[ale] Bluetooth devices

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jun 5 21:48:41 EDT 2005

Jim Philips wrote:

> Thanks. I'll check all of that out. The only thing I refuse to do is wear one
> of those Star Trek Bluetooth headsets and run around talking to the air like
> somebody with Tourette's syndrome. So far, when I see people wearing one of
> those things my first thought is that they have something growing out of
> their head.

I confess.  I've got one.  BUT, I do not walk around the mall and/or
shops wearing it.  I use it primarily when I'm in my truck,
particularily when traveling a distance.  I had to drive to Shreveport
LA and back a while back and it was a blessing.  My phone has voice
calling so all I had to do was press the button on the ear piece and
tell it who to call (for those numbers I've setup for that).

I too think the folks walking around with them on all the time are a bit
touched. :)

Besides that, it gives me another play thing to work with Linux, when I
have time....

--
Until later, Geoffrey