[ale] Debian 3.0 as a server platform?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 14:27:58 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 13:22 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> I won't even begin speculating on that one. Someone was probably just
> building it for, erm, testing purposes.

You are probably correct.  However, that just shows you the craziness
associated with having a version named "Testing"  ;-)  I do fully
understand the Debian distro, I just easily see all the things that
frustrate people and keep a sizable number from jumping on board.

One other thing.... so, if the contents of that directory was for
"testing purposes" what integrity is associated with the ISOs contained
therein?  Raylynn posted those URLs, surely with good intentions, but
the reality is those ISOs could contain wild/mild/broken things.  Who
really knows?  At least with RH (and presumably Suse, etc) you do see
very clean crisp archive structures, and verify file integrity across
mirrors is never a problem.

-Jim P.