[ale] Debian 3.0 as a server platform?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 20:49:51 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 19:18 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> I am speechless.

No you aren't.  ;-)

> That is so amazingly wrong.

I agree.  I think Drew was probably talking about Debian in general wrt
running on the Desktop.  It can be a pain, in that regard, for the
uninitiated.   Debian stable as a server is tops-down the best (and most
widely supported) choice, un/fortunately Debian isn't a commercial
entity so a lot of commercial businesses shy away from it.

-Jim P.