[ale] Screwed by PPP0E

Patrick Bartkus list at trudiedolls.com
Wed Jun 1 20:11:07 EDT 2005

> Raylynn Knight wrote:

>> I'm with speedfactory and I don't have PPPOE.  Perhaps its because I pay
>> for extra static IP addresses.

I signed up with SpeedFactory about three months ago after reading the
glowing support reports on this list.

I got their "SpeedHome Platinum" 3M X 384K w/ static IP for $59 / mo.

It is PPPoE and I supplied the Linksys WRT54G router. I love their
don't-care-if-you-run-your-own-server acceptable use policy. Old 700 Mhz
PC + Linux + Apache + DynDNS.com = I've leard a lot about setting up
multiple little virtual web sites.

I've been very happy with my static IP and 3M download speed.

I'm so glad I switched.

Patrick