[ale] SUSE LINUX 9.3 ISO images Released to Mirrors

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 09:52:09 EDT 2005

On 7/16/05, Dow Hurst wrote:
> Greg,
> Sorry for the late reply!  You just elect to upgrade at the beginning of
> the yast2 installation procedure.  I've never done it myself but a
> friend upgraded from 8.2 to 9.1 without a hitch last summer.  The suse
> 9.3 admin book said there weren't any major issues moving from 9.2 to
> 9.3 in the upgrade section.
> Dow

Thanks Dow,

But I just re-read your earlier post and realized your process needs a CD.

The specific machine I want to upgrade via the network doesn't have a
CD/DVD and I have all the drive slots full.

I will experiment with Yast at some point and see if I can upgrade
without use of a CD.  If not, maybe it is time to buy one of those
USB/Firewire CD/DVD writers.  I'll post seperately about that.

Thanks again,
Greg