[ale] Collocating non-rackable boxen

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 8 01:43:43 EDT 2005

James,
What UPSes do you purchase for the machines that run off of the
generator?  Or do you just use conditioner's?  My experiences with
generators would be that they would kick in, the power would be dirty,
and would require conditioning and usually more than that.  A real
dropout occurs between power blackout and the generator getting going so
a UPS is usually needed.  I've found the APC SmartUPS will play nice
with a dirty generator but that the Tripplite Smart UPSes would
sometimes not.  Thanks,
Dow