[ale] launching apps to specific desktops?

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Thu Jan 6 21:01:22 EST 2005

I (finally) helped my best friend get off Windows and onto Linux.  He's big
into having stuff launch at startup on his machine, and I've never done this
on Linux.  We sorted out how to use the ~/.kde/Autostart folder to launch a
script that does what he wants, except for one detail.  He would like to
launch app "foo" onto Desktop 1 and app "bar" onto Desktop 2, for example.

Does anyone know how (if) this can be accomplished from a script?  Is this
something that can be set, like DISPLAY ?

It's a Mandrake 10 system, if that makes any difference (you never know).

-Jay