[ale] MSH

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jan 4 16:23:10 EST 2005

IMO what is worse is the lack of a decent POSIX implementation in
Windows that is native and not emulated.

This is stupid:
At its core, MSH is an object pipeline. Unix, of course, invented the
pipelining concept. But in Unix-like systems -- including Linux and OS X
-- the data that?s passed from one command to the next is weakly
structured ASCII text. When you?ve got smart, self-describing objects
flowing through that pipeline, it?s a whole new ball game.

I wish that people who wish to discuss UNIX internals do so after having
experience in UNIX.

I like Objects just like the next fellow but Objects = Bloat.  Bloat
equals loss of memory and slowness.