[ale] OT:Apple XServe and non-Apple Storage Arrays

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:15:54 EST 2005

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I understand the Xserve
has some major limitations when it comes to multi-pathing, failover,
load-sharing, etc..

I've forgotten the details, but something about the 2 io cards in the
Xserve not being redundant.  i.e. IIRC the first io card can only
handle luns n thru m, and the second io card can only handle luns m
thru o.  If one of the io cards fail you simply lose the luns
associated with it????

If that is true you will need to keep things pretty simple.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer