[ale] AOL email

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 11:49:24 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 11:19 -0500, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> I've been having lots of blocked attachments. Anything with .doc gets
> dropped. I have verified that it is not on my client's end by the
> MailScanner headers. His systems put in his domain name in the headers.
> The blocking domain does not. The bounces seem to occur both ways, to
> AOL and from AOL.

I wonder if they are having trouble scanning docs.  Imagine the sheer
number of attachments (inbound and outbound) that they have to scan
every hour.  The number is mind boggling.  It could just be a backlog
that results in a temporary shutoff.

Have you tried signing up for scmop notices at http://postmaster.aol.com

-Jim P.