[ale] OT Shot in the dark, cli image viewer

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Feb 15 19:53:01 EST 2005

Vaidhyanathan Mayilrangam Gopalan wrote:
> Actually, there is a commandline image viewer called zgv.. Just tried it
> over ssh and it works..

I think there is some confusion here.  There are a number of cli
viewers, display, xv, and so on.  You can even open an image with 'gimp
image.foo'

I thought the question was to pull up an image that exists on a remote
machine via ssh.  The answer is yes, I do it all the time.  Can you do
it from a command line? Yes.  Question is, does he want to open the
image on a machine that is not running X?  If so, then he will need
framebuffer support, but that's not how I read the question.

--
Until later, Geoffrey