[ale] DNS issues

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Feb 7 06:40:03 EST 2005

Jim Philips wrote:
> Well, the problem is back...sporadically.  Occasionally, I'll be in the middle
> of viewing a site, when I click on a link and get "unknown host". I'm also
> seeing failures in the logs I keep for a mailing list I administer. When I
> look at the PPPoE settings on windows, I see that no DNS servers are set.
> They are acquired automatically. Could it be that Speedfactory is changing
> the servers on the fly and my static settings in Linux cause me to miss this?

I'm going to call speedfactory this morning.  I was having some really
slow resolving a while back, and they gave me some new dns servers.
They then called me last week and asked me to return to the old ones,
since then, resolving is slow again.

I'm going to wait until regular business hours, I'll post to the list
what the response is.

--
Until later, Geoffrey