[ale] DNS issues

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Mon Feb 7 06:10:12 EST 2005

Well, the problem is back...sporadically.  Occasionally, I'll be in the middle
of viewing a site, when I click on a link and get "unknown host". I'm also
seeing failures in the logs I keep for a mailing list I administer. When I
look at the PPPoE settings on windows, I see that no DNS servers are set.
They are acquired automatically. Could it be that Speedfactory is changing
the servers on the fly and my static settings in Linux cause me to miss this?