[ale] Printer recommendations

Jim Patterson unixdude at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 17:25:53 EST 2005

I have the HP 5510 and I've had no problems under Linux.  I have used
the print, scan and fax options, but I have not played with the fax yet.

On the other hand, I am not a heavy user of printing / scanning, but like
you I had an old HP DeskJet so just getting a modern one will seem
like a big improvement.  So do follow Jeff's advice and visit
http://www.linuxprinting.org/suggested.html before purchasing.

Jim P.