[ale] Printer recommendations

David Fitzhenry dfitzhenry at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 17:01:51 EST 2005

I've had good luck with the HP PSC 2175 all-in-one..  Got it at Best
Buy, but saw it for less at BJ's awhile back.  Photos look amazing, no
lines, scanning is fast and excellent, and the regular print quality
is perfect.

Works fine in Debian, and on OSX, so I assume any cups setup....
Scanning worked great through kooka.. . One thing to remember - You
have to uncomment a line in the hpijs (or hpoj) config in /etc/ to
make sure the printer comes up.   I believe the instructions are
linked through linuxprinting.org somewhere...

- Dave

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:06:27 -0500, Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net> wrote:
> Please read http://www.linuxprinting.org/suggested.html and re-evaluate.
>
> Jeff
>

> On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 15:56 -0500, Scott Castaline wrote:
> > I feel that it is time to retire my HP DeskJet 540 that I've had since
> > 91. We've been thinking about an all-in-one printer. My wife just wants
> > the copy/print/scan functions, I'd prefer to include Fax function as
> > well since our current Fax amchine seems to go through film very
> > quickly. My inclination is to go with the HP OfficeJet 5510, but I'm
> > finding a lot of negative comments on this unit. Microcenter is
> > advertising it for $119.00 as well as a Brother that also includes
> > ethernet interface built in
> > http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0180570
> >
> > Any opinions? I know that laser maybe the way to go but the printer
> > would have to print color as well from digital photos and laser tech I
> > don't think is there yet, at least within my financial reach.
> >
> > TIA

thanks,
 - Dave