[ale] SSH Port forwading/tunneling

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Feb 1 11:07:32 EST 2005

>>>>> "attriel" == attriel  <attriel at d20boards.net> writes:

[...]

    attriel> not sure on restarting it ; i use the ssh terminal for
    attriel> IRC anyway when i'm on, so i have to reconnect if i get
    attriel> fully dropped.

Run your irc client on the other end (or whatever) under screen and
then just reconnect to the screen session.  I keep a screen session
going on the FreeBSD box at home with a couple of shells, xemacs for
GNUS, and sirc.  If the connection home drops I just connect back (of
course if the FreeBSD box dies as it's been doing recently with
hardware problems I'm still screwed . . . :).

man screen

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'