[ale] SSH Port forwading/tunneling

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Tue Feb 1 10:23:47 EST 2005

If the SSH drops, then the tunnel goes.  If the SSH manages to stay
connected, then the tunnel (in my experience at least) should stay up.

If you have a stateful persistent connection through it, things might get
wonky b/c something gets dropped in the middle, but most protocols account
for brief outs i think

not sure on restarting it ; i use the ssh terminal for IRC anyway when i'm
on, so i have to reconnect if i get fully dropped.

--attriel