[ale] Asterisk Success

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Dec 29 19:17:03 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 18:32 -0500, Charles Brian Quinn wrote:

> Please do let me know how this goes as well -- I'm interested too....
>
> Blog about it, or post back to ALE.  ;-)

I guess first I need to find out what my options are in regards to FX0
ports.  I assume needing as many PCI slots as I do I'll use a 4U server
in my colo.  I think all those FX0 boards I've seen come with the RJ12
jack on the flange. My limit to the number of FXO ports would be the
number that would fit on a PCI flange.  8 RJ12's will fit but I've not
seen a 8 FXO port option.  And I need many analog ports.....

I've actually debated about purchasing a Nortel BCM50.  It can run me
close to 3K but does most of what I need that Asterisk would provide.  I
think one benefit of the BCM50 is that I can get the analog ports I need
without having to worry about PCI slot usage.  The BCM50 is smaller than
1U and also runs Linux.  The other BCM products run Windows NT or 2000.
BCM200 runs Win2k.