[ale] Asterisk Success

Klepinger, Aaron Aaron.Klepinger at CompuCredit.com
Thu Dec 29 18:05:57 EST 2005

Very cool.  I'm looking at setting up an Asterisk at Home box for a small
business.  I just need to figure out how it all works and see if the
owner can justify the expense from the added functionality.  Keep you
posted!

-ak

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of
To: ale at ale.org
Christopher Fowler
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:55 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] Asterisk Success

I'm now installing Asterisk at Home.  I've read the LJ article where it
states that the easiest way is to use the disti.  I would have normally
used FC4 instead.  Does anyone have any success stories for the Aeterisk
system?  I may use it to manage many modems that I have installed in a
server.  I'm looking to install a T1 board and I'll need many FXO ports
to run these modems.  It would be nice if i could fine ATAs that would
support the modems then I would not really need so many FXO ports.  At
E-Deltacomm we have a server with a 4 port modem board and I can that
that to 24ports.  Instead of having 24 analog lines dropped in it would
be easier if I had one T1 line and then I could have the telco assign 24
individual numbers.  I finally can pool my modems so I could have 4
modems to one number.  With my own PBX I can easily add a modem to the
pool as demand increases.  Without this I would be required to call the
phone company.