[ale] odd virus

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Thu Dec 22 08:59:00 EST 2005

Just for the record, there is a virus spreading around that
uses IM to spread the infection.  I haven't seen one like it before.
I got what follows from a slightly naive/spacey niece who is
just the sort of person to send out a message like this for real!
That is, I got fooled and was saved only because this is a linux
box and it doesn't know what to do with a pif file.
If I had been paying better attention I might have noticed that the
time stamp makes no sense as she is in France right now -- at least a
five hour time difference.

Sean

                WARNING WARNING  WARNING  WARNING

                 link below is to a pif file, not to a jpg file

(16:05:20) Charlotte:  hey is it alright if i put this picture of you on
myspace or facebook?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/pictures/Image3.jpg