[ale] HOW2 search for text in a "PDF" file ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:56:01 EDT 2005

I can open the pdf files using xpdf, but what I need to do, [sorry for
the opaque description], is to search a DIR of pdf files, printing names
of those containing specified text.

I can mount the CD of course but the 'controlling' files are *.exe...so
all I can do is search the pdf files, hopefully, since the menus, etc
are MS formats.

Appreciatively,

Courtney