[ale] connecting to freenx

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:10:51 EDT 2005

I'm trying to setup an NX connection between me (NT) and a Linux system
running CentOS 4 (RHEL 4 clone). I've got the nx and freenx rpms installed
on the server. I've got the NX clinet for Windows on my desktop. I can't get
through.

Whatever I try, when I click the "Login" button on the client I get a
"Setting up the X environment" wait box that never goes away.

I can log in by hand as the nx user and see the nx logs indicate my
connection, but when I use the client I never get any response at all from
the server.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Michael