[ale] power sw, reset sw, hdd led cables/wires too short

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 23 09:02:33 EDT 2005

I am assembling a new server for my lab out of parts and it has an unusual
dual processor Intel mother board. I am putting it into a nice 2U Supermicro
case but the connector cables/wires for the front panel switches/indicators
(power sw, reset sw, hdd led, nic led, and etc) in the Supermicro case are
just too short since the connectors on the motherboard are on the opposite side
of the case from the switches/led/what-not.

I have had this problem on other motherboard installations into various cases.
Has anyone ever seen a nice set of extension cables/wires for this sort of problem
sold anywhere? I cannot possibly be the first with this problem and I am not wild
about cutting up the wires in the Supermicro case to add a little to them so they
will reach. I have done that in the past and it just ends up looking really ugly.
--
Steven A. DuChene