[ale] Nero for Linux

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 11:22:59 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 10:57 -0400, James Taylor wrote:
> It sounds like Nero works great, but what functions or enhancements does
> it have beyond what I can do with k3b?

To me it seems that k3b is always playing catch-up with Nero features.
While this was a non-issue when Nero was Windows only, now that Nero has
a Linux version it does make you wonder.   Also, Nero is an all-in-one
product, what you get from Nero is all you need to burn CDs/DVDs.  K3b
shells out and executes cdrecord, dvdrecord, or god only knows what
else.  Nero additionally uses the same underlying API for it's Windows
and Linux versions, implying that devices supported on Windows will work
with their Linux software.

To me the differences are the behind-the-scenes technology.  Nero has
won multiple awards for their product and it's technology, plus you
can't ignore all of their partnerships with the underlying industry and
device mfgs.

-Jim P.