NTFSRESIZE (Was: Re: [ale] Central meeting on Thursday)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Apr 14 07:30:10 EDT 2005

Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> Jason Fritcher wrote:
>
>>I've used ntfsresize successfully in the past. I used whatever was
>>current ~6
>>months ago with a Knoppix CD. It seems that current Knoppix versions have a
>>recent version of nfsresize.
>>
> I will need to try that.  SysRescueCD totally clobbered the NTFS on
> another machine, identical one at that.  I don't have the ability to
> back this one up, so I need something that will function without fail on
> multiple machines before I trust it with this one.

Although I would never recommend resizing a partition without backing it
up first, I have a laptop which I've reinstalled 4 or 5 times and in
each case, I started with default install of XP that came with the box,
then resized it with SuSE 9.2.

I've also done the same on this box with Mandrake at least once.
Currently it has SuSE 9.2, Mandrake Corporate Desktop 3.0, Slackware
10.1 and XP.
--
Until later, Geoffrey