NTFSRESIZE (Was: Re: [ale] Central meeting on Thursday)

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Wed Apr 13 23:23:32 EDT 2005

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> I will need to try that.  SysRescueCD totally clobbered the NTFS on
> another machine, identical one at that.  I don't have the ability to
> back this one up, so I need something that will function without fail on
> multiple machines before I trust it with this one.

Its got pretty good step-by-step instructions on what to do. ntfsresize has a
non-destructive mode that will do tests to make sure there aren't any problems
with the ntfs partition. It seemed pretty thorough when I last used it.

The site with the ntfsresize faq is down, but here is the google cache...

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:UnS5foTU6zAJ:mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html+ntfsresize&hl=en&start=1

Has a list of distros that include the tool. It also has a guide for using the
command-line version towards the end.

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org