[ale] Burning CDs

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Sat Apr 9 13:56:57 EDT 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 12:57 pm, Dow Hurst wrote:
| I'm not sure I understand why you think cdrecord requires the old syntax
| if the newer syntax worked. ?Do you mean that K3B calls cdrecord with
| the old syntax? ?All you have to do is use K3B to write your iso file

Dow,
At this point I obviously don't understand much at all. :)

I can not get k3b to run at all. When envoked on this machine, FC#,
using a 2..6.x kernel, a splash screen appears dead center on the
desktop. It can not be moved, it remains on top of all other windows,
no matter what, and it can not be killed. There is a line at the
bottom of the splash screen that indicates k3b is scanning for
devices. It hangs.  I tried again last night on a seldom-used desktop
and the damn thing is still there today, nearly 20 hours later.

Sean