[ale] Burning CDs

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 9 13:04:59 EDT 2005

I'm not sure I understand why you think cdrecord requires the old syntax
if the newer syntax worked.  Do you mean that K3B calls cdrecord with
the old syntax?  All you have to do is use K3B to write your iso file
and then call cdrecord with the new syntax at the command line to burn
the cd.  You can even run mkisofs or growfs directory from the command
line too and feed it to cdrecord on the fly.  If you can't reconfigure
K3B and you want a GUI then try NeroLinux.  It is rated for 2.6 kernels.
Dow