[ale] Spamassassin help

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Fri Apr 8 15:12:28 EDT 2005

Just to derail you...  I use crm114.  It has been considerably more
accurate than spamassasin was.  Also I use this in my procmailrc:

#
#
:0fw: /tmp/.msgid.lock
#| /usr/bin/crm -u /home/nomad mailfilter.crm
| /usr/bin/crm -u /home/nomad/crm114 /usr/share/crm114/mailfilter.crm

THRESHOLD="30"

:0
{
  PRVALUE=$MATCH

  # If -$THRESHOLD < pR < 0 then the message is likely spam
  :0 :
  * $ ${THRESHOLD}^0
  * $   ${PRVALUE}^0
  /home/nomad/Mail/CaughtSpam

  # If pR < -$THRESHOLD then the message is surely spam
  :0
  /dev/null
  #/home/nomad/Mail/DefinitelySpam
}

Basically if the score is worse than 30, devnull, otherwise put in a
folder for review.

Thus spake Jay Loden (jloden at toughguy.net):