[ale] Booting From DVDROM

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 10 21:01:47 EDT 2004

All,

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 16:45, Danny Cox wrote:
> 	It refuses to boot from a CD!  I won't go into everything I've tried,
> but I've done lots, including a different plain CDROM drive (do you know
> how scarce a plain vanilla CDROM drive is nowadays? ;-).

	Stumbled across the solution: I removed the Buslogic SCSI card, and it
happily booted from the CD!

	As to why, I dunno for sure, but I'd guess that the Buslogic BIOS
munges somehow with certain settings, and prevents the CD from being
bootable.  The sucker is quite old, perhaps 10 years or so?  It's a
SCSI-1 narrow, slow thing.  I drive the DAT with it.

	Thanks for the suggestions!

Danny