[ale] hardware firewall

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 10 15:47:53 EDT 2004

A hardware firewall is really a fallacy.  It is still just software making decisions.  I'd find out what the requirements of the connection are and then implement that in a dedicated Linux firewall.  You have lots of options that way.  It sure is easier to upgrade/update/secure that way.  The "hardware" firewalls are easily misconfigured or just have holes you aren't aware of.
Dow