[ale] Ximian Connector and Active Directory

Jonathan Rickman jdr at xcorps.net
Wed Oct 27 15:30:47 EDT 2004

Interesting. I can duplicate your problem by adding an LDAP address book
manually (on 2.0.1 on Slack/Dropline) but not by using the normal Exchange
setup. I can't make it NOT work with Evolution 1.4 and connector 1.4.7.x,
without deliberately breaking things on the server side. My domain
controller security policy is tweaked to specifically allow Linux and Mac
clients to use AD to authenticate. Without actually laying hands on the
system, I couldn't tell you what the problem is. There are just too many
possibilities. If your IT staff isn't willing to actually sit down and
figure it out, then you might just have to run an older version. I get the
best results on RH9 and Fedora Core2(unpatched original release). I've got
everything except for GC browsing working on Slackware but the search works
fine. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

--
Jonathan