[ale] Ximian Connector and Active Directory

John Wells lists at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Oct 27 12:48:53 EDT 2004

Jonathan Rickman said:
> Do this for me. Search for a known contact anyway. You may find that it is
> actually searching the GAL, just not enumerating it properly for display.
> I'm still working on figuring out what is causing it.

Sigh...I wish.  When I click "Global Address List" under contacts, I get a
popup that says

"Error loading addressbook.

 We were unable to open this addressbook.
 This either means you have entered an
 incorrect URI, or the server is unreachable."

The strange thing is, as I've mentioned, I can indeed search it with some
success as an LDAP server.

Btw, this is with Evolution 2.0.2 on Ubuntu.