[ale] OT: Where to purchase a Mac

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Mon Oct 4 13:47:33 EDT 2004

I bought my g4 from CompUSA (this was before the Northpoint Apple
Store opened), but be prepared for them to try and push Apple Care on
you hard.  If you're looking for cheap (well, relatively speaking :),
check out eBay for someone local or the store.apple.com refurbs.

Also if this is going to be a continuing need for Mac hardware you
might look at joining Apple's developer program; it's not cheap but
you do get discounts on hardware bought direct from them in addition
to early access to new software and documentation.