[ale] Introduction

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Tue Nov 30 23:43:56 EST 2004

Dow Hurst wrote:
> Jason,
> Welcome to the ALE group!

Thanks! :)

> Geoffrey is only saying come to the NW meeting because he is running
> it!!!! :-)

I see... Alterior motives for the suggestion. ;)

> It is usually a good meeting and you can meet people there that can't go
> to the Central or NE meeting.  You'll probably have to figure out which
> meeting is closer and geared more toward your interests.

Central is closest to me, but I'm kinda in the middle of all 3, so any
of them are viable.

> Since your working for Earthlink you may find some strong opinions for
> and against on the list. ;-)        I kept my Earthlink account in the
> move because of the webmail and spam control options.  I opted for a
> cable and have a very solid connection now.

Heh. Even though I work for Earthlink, I don't use them for internet
access. :) I'm too much of a power user for what Earthlink offers, or
atleast I was in CA. Being forced to use cable internet here in Atlanta,
I had to relocate my server elsewhere instead of running it out of my
apartment. Oh well. Now its got a 100Mb net connection. :)

> Well, I hope you enjoy the
> Atlanta area and I am glad you found ALE, as this is a great group of
> people.  There are some real solid gurus on the list so just about any
> Linux topic is worth posting about and any question is worth asking.

Thanks. I've really liked everything I've seen so far. Its great to
actually see real weather and trees that change colors. :)

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org