[ale] Re: vonage outage?

Eric Anderson eric at afaik.us
Mon Nov 29 16:11:43 EST 2004

Christopher Fowler wrote:
> Modems and Fax machines?  Do they work?

This is what killed me with Packet8. Their quality was better than
Vonage but the lack of being able to use a fax machine was too much. I
heard they have fax in beta now. There are also other nice features
about Vonage like the automatic failover number. So if you phone goes
out (Vonage's fault or you ISP) you can have it transfer over to another
line (like your cell phone) automatically.

I don't mind paying the extra 5 bucks (Packet8 was $20 per month) for
all the extra features you get. I do wish the quality was as good as
Packet8 was but it is good enough.

Eric