[ale] Re: vonage outage?

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Nov 29 14:03:06 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 13:53, Eric Anderson wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
> > Any of you folks using vonage experiencing an outage?  No dialtone here
> > and the 1-866 # for vonage is busy. :(
>
> No problem here. Sometimes I think the Vonage box gets confused. Have
> you tried resetting your Vonage box? Just unplug it, wait a min or two,
> then plug it back in. Also of course make sure your ISP is up.

You know what is sad?  Earthlink.  Earhlink's mail service is so bad
that I've written a program that emails me a time stamped email and then
when it comes back it validates via the time stamp that it took the
email less than 1 hour to go through.  If it is greater than one hour
I'm notified.

So in effect I'm doing network monitoring on Earthlink's crappy stuff.
But what do you expect for $8/mon?  You should expect horrible service
and downtime.