[ale] failover planning

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Nov 29 09:53:40 EST 2004

I am looking at setting up a small non-local redundant webserver. The
net access for each node is through different ISP's so each node has
different IP's. In fact, there is nothing in common between the two
different networks. They have no common router.

The main site is serverd by a T1 line that is susceptable to an outage
caused by falling trees. I would like to make the outage as short as
possible by making the backup site live as fast as possible. Right now,
other than editing the DNS listing and waiting for the change to
propogate, I have no other way to do this.

Any suggestions?
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>