[ale] help with rm (yes, I'm embarrassed about this)

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 25 10:43:45 EST 2004

Nathan,
A good practice for "rm" or when operating as root is to use full paths
for your commands instead of relative paths.  Not that this helps now!
But, I've had to develop the habit after getting bit.

Wherever you are in the filesystem, typing /usr/bin/rm -rf
/home/backup/* would have prevented the mishap.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Dow